Monster Socks - Next Generation

I know knitters who knit mitered afghan blocks from their scrap sock yarn, but knitting these blocks doesn't appeal to me. Yet, I am determined to use my ever-growing stash of scrap yarn. One evening last week, I joined all the scraps (I used the Russian join) without any regard to color choice and then wound the yarn into a ball.

I am going to knit the socks directly from the ball and create the Next Generation of Monster Socks. They will be garish, but functional, house socks.


Comments

  1. I had never heard of the "Russian" join...thanks for sharing the web site and instruction. Can't wait to see how they come out:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOOO! I am learning so much this week! First Ravelry had a video about the "spit join" and now this method. Definitely better than burying tails, especially when you have so many of them.

    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  3. No ends to weave in, but no control over the stripes either. This should be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cake looks great, nice colors. Sounds like a fun project. I'm not up to speed to know what the Russian join is. Later when I have more time, I'll check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH good--a scrappy sock is like a scrappy quilt--perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aren't you the ambitious one ;) Can't wait to see your one-of-a-kind socks :) I'm a big fan of using up all kinds of scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing this. It's a new one for me. Like you, I'm not too enthusiastic about using the leftovers from socks in an afghan, but I like the idea of being able to use up all those little balls somehow.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.